On the Weta website it says that the boat should be able to be moved around on shore with little effort. Mine wasn’t. The solution suggested was to sand the axle and wheel hubs and apply a dry lubricant. I tried that and didn’t notice a lot of difference so I started looking for wheels to replace the ones that came on the dolly. Dynamic Dollies makes a wheel and tire that is the same size as the original so no modification of the axle is needed. The difference is that the Dynamic Dollies wheel has bearings. I just finished putting them on the dolly. Haven’t tried pulling the boat across the ground yet but this looks like it is going to make a big difference. Videos show the difference Between the original and the one from Dynamic Dollies.
Update to post. Took the boat out yesterday. Dolly rolls so much easier with the new wheels. Very little effort required to move the boat around on shore and much less effort to bring the boat out of the water. Definitely worth the upgrade.